Volunteer as a Senior Companion
Earn tax-free stipend while helping others!
Volunteers 55 and older provide companionship and support to other older adults living in York County as part of the National Senior Corps, the premier and largest senior volunteer agency in Pennsylvania and the United States.
This program is designed for financially qualified individuals aged 55 and older with access to transportation who want to augment their income while helping others 15 hours per week.
- Sharing time with peers
- Sharing hobbies, social events and other recreational activities
- Listening and offering encouragement
- Assisting with everyday tasks
- Providing respite for full-time family caregivers
- Aged 55 or older
- Access to transportation
- Available 15 hours per week
- Meets income eligibility requirements
- Tax-free stipend
- Mileage reimbursement
- Paid training
- Vacation and sick time
Become a Client
Enjoy conversation and companionship in your own home. Full-time family caregivers receive weekly respite.
This free service helps to keep you connected with the community and may improve your overall well-being.
- Enjoy a visit once a week for four or five hours, which may at times include a light lunch.
- Share a hobby, play games or cards and work on projects with your Senior Companion.
- Take walks or engage in other activities with your Senior Companion.
- Receive assistance coordinating transportation to and from medical and other appointments.
- Strive to maintain the highest level of independence while enjoying the company of a caring, compassionate friend.
Contact Our Team
Please complete the form below or call us at 717.843.2677 to become a volunteer, request services or to get more information.