VITA will officially cease all operations, effective April 30.
Free virtual tax preparation assistance still available first come, first serve for qualified individuals and couples through TaxWise Mobile
At SpiriTrust Lutheran® we are committed to caring for the total well-being of those we serve and those that serve. Due to COVID-19, VITA will remain 100% virtual throughout the 2021 tax filing season. We are offering free tax preparation to qualified individuals and couples through a new online service called TaxWise Mobile.
This secure tax filing option requires the following actions on the part of the taxpayer:
- Visit https://SpiriTrustLutheranVITA.taxwisemobile.com, create an account and then click the ‘Skip estimator & start 1040 interview’ link.
- Complete and save to your computer IRS Form 13614-C, Intake/Interview & Quality Review Sheet.
- Complete and save to your computer page 3 of IRS Form 14446, Virtual VITA/TCE Taxpayer Consent.
- Upload identification, tax documents, completed Form 13614-C and completed page 3 of Form 14446 needed for tax preparation
- Submit all documents for the TaxWise Mobile 1040 interview.
Once you have completed your required actions, one of our qualified tax preparers will proceed with the following:
- Review the intake/interview and uploaded documents and then contact you to conduct an intake interview via a phone call.
- Prepare your return based on the information provided and contact you during with any questions.
- Contact you prior to filing to review the return once it has been prepared and quality reviewed.
We greatly appreciate the trust you have placed in us in the past and look forward to serving you again using this new model.
If you have not filed your taxes yet and choose not to use the TaxWise Mobile option, you also can visit www.myfreetaxes.com to learn more about this other free, online tax preparation service. In addition, information on tax filing can be found at the IRS website.
Reminder: All individuals receiving this free tax preparation service are ultimately responsible for the information on their tax return.
The SpiriTrust Lutheran® Volunteer Income Tax Assistance program offers free tax help to people who make $57,000 or less and need assistance in preparing their own tax returns. IRS-certified volunteers provide free basic federal, state and local income tax return preparation with electronic filing to qualified individuals in local communities. They can inform taxpayers about special tax credits for which they may qualify such as Earned Income Tax Credit, Child Tax Credit, and Credit for the Elderly or the Disabled.
The SpiriTrust Lutheran Volunteer Income Tax Assistance program provides the following benefits:
- Avoidance of costly tax preparation fees.
- Quicker receipt of tax refund.
- Multiple tax sites throughout the county offering day, evening and Saturday appointments.
- Accurate completion of tax returns by IRS- certified tax preparers.
- Completion of federal, state and local income taxes and PA property tax/rent rebates forms.
- Filing of all the tax credits for which you may be eligible, including Earned Income Credit (EIC), Child Tax Credit (CTC) and education credits.
- Free tax preparation appointments, if your household income is $57,000 or less.
- Free online self-assisted tax preparation and support, if your household income is $66,000 or less.
Please complete this form to request more information or call 717.854.2244 or (toll-free) 888.629.4095 Monday – Friday between 8:30 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. to learn more about our program.
To file online visit https://SpiriTrustLutheranVITA.taxwisemobile.com.