Learn About ASL Classes
Enroll now for Basic, Intermediate and Conversational level American Sign Language (ASL) classes offered by SpiriTrust Lutheran® Deaf Connections!
SpiriTrust Lutheran® Deaf Connections is now enrolling participants for Basic, Intermediate and Conversational American Sign Language (ASL) classes. All classes will be held at SpiriTrust Lutheran®, The Village at Kelly Drive, 750 Kelly Drive in York.
- Basic ASL: This class will meet for 12 weeks on Thursdays from 6:00 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. beginning June 20 and ending September 12. No classes July 4.
- Intermediate ASL: This class will meet for 10 weeks on Tuesdays from 6:00 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. beginning April 23 and ending June 25.
- Conversational ASL: This class will meet for seven (7) weeks on Thursdays from 6:00 p.m. – 7:30 p.m. beginning May 2 and ending June 13.
- The Basic ASL course cost is $150 which includes the cost of the required textbook. The payment and registration deadline is Wednesday, June 12.
- The Intermediate ASL course cost is $80 and requires completion of the Basic course. The payment and registration deadline is Monday, April 15.
- The Conversational ASL course cost is $50 and requires completion of the Basic and Intermediate courses.The payment and registration deadline is Wednesday, April 24.
To register, please complete the form below and mail your check or money order to SpiriTrust Lutheran Deaf Connections, 750 Kelly Drive, York, PA 17404. Please make your payment payable to SpiriTrust Lutheran Deaf Connections. If you would like to pay using a credit card, please contact us by phone.
Additional questions should be directed to SpiriTrust Lutheran Deaf Connections at 717.852.4357.
Through basic and intermediate ASL instruction students learn:
- Facts about hearing impairment, deafness and Deaf culture
- Fingerspelling and principles of reading and expressing fingerspelled words
- Grammatical structure of American Sign Language
- More than 300 signs
Required text book, which is included in the cost of class:
- A Basic Course in ASL
by Tom Humphries, Carol Padden, Terrence J. O’Rourke and Frank A. Paul
ISBN Number: 10:0932666426
SpiriTrust Lutheran Deaf Connections reserves the right to cancel a course prior to the first class. Every effort will be made to prevent any class cancellations. Course fees are non-refundable except in the event of a complete course cancellation.
Register for ASL Classes Today!
SpiriTrust Lutheran® Deaf Connections offers community American Sign Language (ASL) group classes in York County, plus business-sponsored classes as requested.
Please complete the form below to register for upcoming beginner American Sign Language classes through SpiriTrust Lutheran® Deaf Connections. If you wish to register by phone, please call 717.852.4357 or (toll-free) 888.629.4096.
Schedule Hearing Screenings
SpiriTrust Lutheran® Deaf Connections offers hearing screenings at special events, schools, child-care centers and other locations by request.
Please complete the form below to request a group hearing screening at a special event, schools, child-care center or other location in York County. If you wish to schedule a screening by phone, please call 717.852.4357 or (toll-free) 888.629.4096.