Date Posted: 12/04/2019
Location: Shrewsbury, PA 17361
Company: SpiriTrust Lutheran
Job Type: Full Time
SpiriTrust Lutheran The Village at Shrewsbury is now hiring an Assistant Director of Nursing/RN Quality Manager.
We offer: Competitive salaries Comprehensive benefits package Education assistance Career advancement/professional growth Friendly, team-oriented environment If you are ready to join us for a rewarding career.
Responsible for assisting the Director of Nursing in the overall management of the Nursing Department; adhering to strategies to achieve goals developed for the department as part of the Community’s annual operating plan; insuring the department's compliance with operating standards and procedures and outside regulatory requirements; directly supervising assigned personnel; communicating with appropriate management and staff; providing periodic reports. On call responsibilities.
1. Supports the mission and values of SpiriTrust Lutheran which is: SpiriTrust Lutheran, witnessing to the Gospel of Jesus Christ, provides exceptional health, human, and senior living services by supporting persons in achieving an optimal quality of life.
2. Interacts with residents, clients, staff, and the general public in ways that demonstrate the agency’s commitment to courtesy, service, and hospitality befitting a church related organization.
3. Assists the Director of Nursing in the overall management and operations of the Nursing Department as illustrated by the following:
a. Assists the Director of Nursing in the management of the Nursing Department for the purpose of coordinating care, recommending changes, and communicating information.
b. Interprets and administers the Pennsylvania Long-Term Care Regulations and Medicaid Regulations, as well as federal regulations.
c. Participates in and/or chairs various committees as assigned by the Director of Nursing.
d. Functions as a resource for the Medical Records Clerk.
e. Assists in the development, implementation, and maintenance of the Nursing standards of practice manual.
f. Performs assessments, interventions, and evaluations of continence programs.
g. Oversees the inventory of all medical/nursing supplies.
h. Assumes administrative decision making in the absence of the Skilled Care Center Administrator or Director of Nursing.
4. Provides oversight and serves as a resource for Infection Control Program, Skin Integrity Program, staff education and development, etc.
5. Ensures a safe and orderly work environment as follows:
a. Attends all required safety in-services; participates in all drills with a clear understanding of role in disaster routines.
b. Ensures that assigned work areas are maintained in a safe, well-organized, and sanitary manner.
c. Reads disaster and fire emergency plans and elopement standards frequently; performs assigned responsibility in an emergency and assumes a leadership role.
6. Establishes an environment which promotes dignity and respect for residents as follows:
a. Prevents, identifies, investigates, and reports suspected or actual abuse, neglect, exploitation, and improper use of chemical and physical restraints, in accordance with Agency standards.
b. Knows and respects all residents’ rights while maintaining the confidentiality of all resident care information.
c. Assists in the completion of state mandated Event Reports.
7. Interacts with all colleagues in ways that assist one another in the successful performance of their duties.
8. Provides support, encouragement, and direction to the individuals under his/her direct supervision; acts as a resource for staff in problem solving and properly communicates within the established chain of command.
9. Creates an atmosphere that promotes a positive and respectful work environment.
10. Implements strategies to achieve goals assigned to the department as established in the Community's annual operating plan; assists in the development of the annual budget for the department and adheres to budget parameters.
11. Abides by the current laws and organizational standards and procedures designed and implemented to promote an environment which is free of sexual harassment and other forms of illegal discriminatory behavior in the work place.
12. Oversees employees in their timekeeping process, ensuring accurate submission of data:
a. Follows up with employees under their supervision to ensure timekeeping process is completed and submitted accurately with no errors.
b. Educates employees regarding requirements for timekeeping, missed punches, consequences, etc.
13. Enters department’s timekeeping data accurately and submits data within practice
14. Evaluates data related to resources and program and makes appropriate corrective actions with employees, if necessary, to ensure compliance with all rules, regulations, and agency standards.
a. Cooperates with, participates in, and supports the adherence to all Agency standards, procedures, and practices in support of risk management and overall safety and soundness and compliance with all regulatory requirements, i.e., HIPAA, OSHA, etc.; insures that the department and all personnel adhere to the same.
15. Directly supervises assigned personnel as follows:
a. Recruits, selects, orients, and makes provisions for the proper training of department supervisors; regularly reviews the competence and performance of this group.
b. Makes certain that all relevant information is properly communicated to the supervisory group in order to give them every opportunity to perform their duties properly.
c. Conducts regular meetings with the supervisory staff.
d. Works closely with the supervisory group in implementing an effective human resource management program to insure a competent, motivated group of employees.
e. Administers HR Standards of Practice and other procedures as established by agency policy.
16. Communicates with the Director of Nursing, other department managers, and appropriate staff personnel in order to integrate goals and activities.
17. Provides periodic reports to the Director of Nursing and other groups as required.
18. Performs all duties of a Resident Care Supervisor (see Resident Care Supervisor job description) as needed.
19. Completes educational requirements as mandated by state and federal agencies and to maintain competencies.
Education/Training: A graduate of an accredited program for registered nursing; BS in Nursing preferred; current unencumbered PA license to practice as a Registered Nurse required. Must maintain CPR certification.
Experience: A minimum of three (3) years’ experience in related positions normally required.