Date Posted: 11/21/2019
Location: York, Pennsylvania 17404
Company: SpiriTrust Lutheran
Job Type: Pool
Who We Are at SpiriTrust Lutheran
SpiriTrust Lutheran®delivers an array of programs and services that touch thousands of lives each day. Our name, SpiriTrust Lutheran®captures the essence of who we are and the care and compassion our amazing team delivers. It embraces our Lutheran heritage, our spirit of service, and the reality that people come to us because of their trust in us.
We provide residential living, assisted living, personal care, memory support and nursing and rehabilitation services in six senior living communities; home care, in-home support, palliative care and hospice services; an innovative program for clinically frail adults aged 55 and older in need of nursing home level-of-care; counseling services; financial education and coaching; domestic abuse solutions; services for the deaf and hard of hearing; volunteer income tax assistance; and an array of volunteer programs.
SpiriTrust Lutheran®started in York, PA in 1951 with $9,000. Today, SpiriTrust Lutheran®is one of the leading non-profit organizations in the region. SpiriTrust Lutheran®and its program agencies and subsidiaries serve annually more than 21,000 people in 20 counties in Pennsylvania and three in northern Maryland.
At SpiriTrust Lutheran®, our employees are a highly valued resource. Their dedication, skill and commitment enable us to provide excellent service and care within our continuing care retirement communities, community outreach programs and home care services. We offer: Competitive salaries Comprehensive benefits package Education assistance Career advancement/professional growth Friendly, team-oriented environment If you are ready to join us for a rewarding career.
Your Experience Includes
Education/Training: A graduate of an accredited program for registered nursing with a current unencumbered PA license to practice as a Registered Nurse required. Current CPR/AED certification (or obtaining CPR/AED certification within 30 days of starting the position). Must have experience with ICD-10 coding. BSN and RAC-CT preferred, but not required.
Skill(s):Speak and understand English; proficient reading, writing, grammar, and mathematics skills; proficient in communicative and critical thinking skills; thorough knowledge of state and federal regulations; strong assessment and analytical skills with a thorough understanding of the requirements to complete an MDS 3.0 assessment. Knowledge in other areas of the RAI process beneficial, but not required. Proficient PC skills and organizational skills. Prefer experience with Point Click Care. Must possess a commitment to person centered living.
Experience:A minimum of two (2) years’ experience in long term care. A minimum of one (1) year experience in MDS 3.0 completion is required. Experience in other areas of the RAI process is preferred.
1. Supports the mission and values of SpiriTrust Lutheran which is: SpiriTrust Lutheran, witnessing to the Gospel of Jesus Christ, provides exceptional health, human, and senior living services by supporting persons in achieving an optimal quality of life.
2. Interacts with residents, clients, staff, and the general public in ways that demonstrate the agency’s commitment to courtesy, service, and hospitality befitting a church related organization.
3. Supports and role models the Senior Living Culture of Considerate Behavior.
4. Attends in-services, training to maintain the highest level of expertise in the MDS 3.0 completion and the RAI process to the extent that it impacts other essential duties. Remains current in EHR procedures, ICD-10 coding and complies with all HIPAA regulations.
5. Performs various duties relating to the assessment process as illustrated by the following:
a. Assures timely completion of the resident assessment instrument and related data entry within the guidelines of federal regulations.
b. Coordinates development of the interdisciplinary plan of care as it relates to the MDS assessment.
c. Amends the care plan as required and communicates the changes to appropriate staff.
d. Provides assistance in regards to residents’ medical, physical, emotional, dietary, and spiritual needs and concerns.
e. Maintains forms and records according to federal, state, local, and SpiriTrust Lutheran’s standards and regulations.
f. Reviews resident’s Restorative Nursing Program(s) with the completion of the MDS assessment and amends, adds or discontinues as needed.
6. Ensures a safe and orderly work environment as follows:
a. Participates in all safety drills as they occur when supporting the community with a clear understanding of role in disaster routines.
b. Ensures that assigned work areas are maintained in a safe, well-organized, and sanitary manner.
c. Reads and understands role in all emergencies; assumes a leadership role as required.
7. Provides residents with dignity and respect as follows:
a. Identifies, prevents, and reports actual or suspected abuse, neglect, exploitation, and improper use of chemical and physical restraints, in accordance with standards.
b. Knows and respects all residents’ rights while maintaining the confidentiality of all resident care information.
8. Performs various communication and documentation duties as follows:
a. Assures that the care provided to each resident is documented accurately on the MDS in a timely manner, and in compliance with governmental regulations/agency standards.
b. Maintains optimal accuracy rates of MDS as evidenced by minimal Utilization Management Review team error rates for nursing sections.
9. Coordinates specific work tasks with other staff within the department as well as with other departments in order to ensure the smooth and efficient flow of information.
10. Abides by the current laws and organizational standards and procedures designed and implemented to promote an environment which is free of sexual harassment and other forms of illegal discriminatory behavior in the work place.
11. Cooperates with, participates in, and supports the adherence to all Agency standards, procedures, and practices in support of risk management and overall safety and soundness and compliance with all regulatory requirements, i.e., HIPAA, OSHA, etc.
12. Abides by and supports the organization’s code of conduct by exhibiting behavior that is set forth in the code of conduct. Performs duties in accordance with the code of conduct and completes annual compliance training.
13. Reports pertinent information to the Nursing Home Administrator and the Clinical Excellence RNAC as requested, or according to an established schedule; compiles information as necessary or as directed and provides data to appropriate personnel.
14. Responds to inquiries relating to his/her particular area, or to requests from customers, other personnel, etc., within given timeframes and within established policy.
15. Completes education requirements as mandated by state and federal agencies and to maintain competencies.