Date Posted: 09/22/2017
Location: Hanover, PA 17331
Company: SpiriTrust Lutheran
Job Type: Full Time
SpiriTrust Lutheran is currently hiring a Director of Facilities.
Who We Are at SpiriTrust Lutheran
SpiriTrust Lutheran®delivers an array of programs and services that touch thousands of lives each day. Our name, SpiriTrust Lutheran®captures the essence of who we are and the care and compassion our amazing team delivers. It embraces our Lutheran heritage, our spirit of service, and the reality that people come to us because of their trust in us.
We provide residential living, assisted living, personal care, memory support and nursing and rehabilitation services in six senior living communities; home care, in-home support, palliative care and hospice services; an innovative program for clinically frail adults aged 55 and older in need of nursing home level-of-care; counseling services; financial education and coaching; domestic abuse solutions; services for the deaf and hard of hearing; volunteer income tax assistance; and an array of volunteer programs.
SpiriTrust Lutheran®started in York, PA in 1951 with $9,000. Today, SpiriTrust Lutheran®is one of the leading non-profit organizations in the region. SpiriTrust Lutheran®and its program agencies and subsidiaries serve annually more than 21,000 people in 20 counties in Pennsylvania and three in northern Maryland.
At SpiriTrust Lutheran®, our employees are a highly valued resource. Their dedication, skill and commitment enable us to provide excellent service and care within our continuing care retirement communities, community outreach programs and home care services. We offer: Competitive salaries Comprehensive benefits package Education assistance Career advancement/professional growth Friendly, team-oriented environment If you are ready to join us for a rewarding career.
Education/Training:A high school diploma or equivalent; technical school training or related field normally required; current CPR/AED/First Aid certification (or obtaining CPR/AED/First Aid certification within 30 days of starting the position).
Skill(s):Speak and understand English; moderate reading, writing, and grammar; moderate mathematics skills; proficient interpersonal relations and communication skills; demonstrated knowledge of general building and grounds maintenance; demonstrated life safety regulations; moderate PC skills; ability to use a variety of power tools; demonstrated knowledge of cleaning agents, tools, laundry and housekeeping equipment operation; demonstrated management and supervisory skills; valid driver’s license or CDL license when required to meet Program’s needs.
Experience:A minimum of five (5) years’ experience in maintenance or related field and two (2) years of supervisory experience normally required.
Responsible for providing oversight of the environmental services function of the community;implementing strategies to achieve goals developed for the department as part of the community's annual operating plan; ensuring the community’s compliance with operating standards and procedures and outside regulatory requirements; organizing the work, activities, and human resources of the Buildings and Grounds and Environmental Services departments; directly supervising assigned personnel; communicating with appropriate management and staff personnel; providing periodic reports.
1. Supports the mission and values of SpiriTrust Lutheran which is: SpiriTrust Lutheran, witnessing to the Gospel of Jesus Christ, provides exceptional health, human, and senior living services by supporting persons in achieving an optimal quality of life.
2. Interacts with residents, clients, staff, and the general public in ways that demonstrate the agency’s commitment to courtesy, service, and hospitality befitting a church related organization.
3. Provides oversight ofthe general maintenance of the buildings and grounds as illustrated by the following:
a. Provides managerial oversight to ensure that the staff provides day-to-day operative services, maintenance, etc. to ensure a smoothly functioning and safe physical plant, environment, campus, etc.
b. Assures that the Buildings and Grounds personnel perform duties in such a way as to optimally comply with all governmental regulations, (including OSHA), concerning the state of the physical plant, environment, campus, etc.
c. Provides oral and written interpretive guidelines of the department policies, procedures, and practices to visitors, staff, residents, etc.
d. Purchases equipment, supplies, etc. to meet the operational and capital needs of the department, campus, and center.
e. Completes and maintains records, reports, etc.
f. Plans and coordinates all campus renovations.
g. Coordinates and oversees the on-site services of outside contractors, service providers, etc., utilizing competitive quoting and pricing.
h. Assures campus grounds are properly maintained and reflect the image approved by the agency.
4. Manages the housekeeping function to ensure that the communities are neat, clean, sanitary, odor free, safe, and comfortable, and in compliance with all applicable regulations as illustrated by the following:
a. Develops and implements standards and operating procedures for the environmental services function which adhere to governmental regulations, i.e. OSHA regulations, etc.
b. Ensures that all required environmental services activities are completed properly and consistent with established schedules, agency standards and procedure, safety parameters, security procedures, develops corrective action plans, etc.
c. Maintains records and file systems for supplies and compliance matters.
d. Performs a variety of environmental services duties in order to maintain the facility in a sanitary, orderly, safe, and attractive manner.
5. Responds to emergency and non-emergency calls from independent living residents.
6. Manages the laundry function in order to provide clean and sanitary laundry for residents; ensures proper infection and disease control.
7. Maintains fiscal operations for areas of responsibility as follows:
a. Prepares attainable annual operating and capital budgets for areas of responsibility; works in cooperation with Corporate Director, Facilities Management and Construction to develop and stay within the limits of operating and capital budgets.
b. Monitors fiscal operations; makes appropriate adjustments to remain within approved budget parameters.
c. Assures that operating and capital purchases are in accordance with established LSS purchasing policies, procedures, and budgetary guidelines.
d. Assures that adequate information and documentation is provided to Center Accounting and Center Finance for the purposes of maintaining financial records, billing, paying costs incurred, etc.
8. Performs a variety of maintenance duties as follows:
a. Performs routine maintenance duties as required.
b. Performs preventative maintenance on all equipment and systems in all buildings as required.
c. Interprets and uses blueprints and diagrams for buildings and mechanical systems in place.
9. Oversees team members in their timekeeping process, ensuring accurate submission of data:
a. Follows up with team members under their supervision to ensure timekeeping process is completed and submitted accurately with no errors.
b. Educates team members regarding requirements for timekeeping, missed punches, consequences, etc.
10. Enters departments timekeeping data accurately and submits data within practice guidelines.
11. Evaluates data related to resources and program and makes appropriate corrective actions with team members, if necessary, to ensure compliance with all rules,
regulations, and agency standards.
12. Interacts with all colleagues in ways that assist one another in the successful performance of their duties.
13. Provides support, encouragement, and direction to the individuals under his/her direct supervision; acts as a resource for staff in problem solving and properly communicates within the established chain of command.
14. Creates an atmosphere that promotes a positive and respectful work environment.
15. Implements strategies to achieve goals assigned to the department as established in the Community's annual operating plan.
16. Abides by the current laws and organizational standards and procedures designed and implemented to promote an environment which is free of sexual harassment and other forms of illegal discriminatory behavior in the work place.
17. Identifies, prevents, and reports actual or suspected abuse, neglect, exploitation,
and improper use of chemical and physical restraints, in accordance with
18. Cooperates with, participates in, and supports the adherence to all Agency standards, procedures, and practices in support of risk management and overal safety and soundness and compliance with all regulatory requirements, i.e., HIPAA, OSHA, etc.; insures that the department and all personnel adhere to the same.
19. Abides by and supports the organization’s code of conduct by exhibiting behavior that is set forth in the code of conduct. Performs duties in accordance with the code of conduct and completes annual compliance training.
20. Organizes the work and activities of the Buildings and Grounds Department in order to achieve established goals; monitors the efficiency and performance of the department versus established standards.
21. Determines needs for outside contractors; maintains liaison with them and monitors work in progress.
22. Directly supervises assigned personnel as follows:
a. Recruits, selects, orients, and makes provisions for the proper training of staff; regularly reviews the competence and performance of this group.
b. Makes certain that all relevant information is properly communicated to the group in order to give them every opportunity to perform their duties properly.
c. Conducts regular meetings with the staff.
d. Organizes, schedules, and distributes work among assigned personnel.
e. Works closely with the group in implementing an effective human resource management program to insure a competent, motivated group of team members.
f. Administers established HR Standards of Practice and other procedures as established by agency standards.
23. Communicates with Executive Director, other department managers, and appropriate staff personnel in order to integrate goals and activities.
24. Provides periodic reports to Executive Director and other groups as required.