Date Posted: 04/28/2021
Location: Gettysburg, Pennsylvania 17325-____
Company: SpiriTrust Lutheran
Job Type: Full Time
SpiriTrust Lutheran is now hiring a FT Day Executive Director II
For the third consecutive year, we have been certified as a Great Place to Work! 2020-2021
SpiriTrust Lutheran®delivers an array of programs and services that touch thousands of lives each day. Our name, SpiriTrust Lutheran®captures the essence of who we are and the care and compassion our amazing team delivers. It embraces our Lutheran heritage, our spirit of service, and the reality that people come to us because of their trust in us.
We provide residential living, assisted living, personal care, memory support and nursing and rehabilitation services in six senior living communities; home care, in-home support, palliative care and hospice services; an innovative program for clinically frail adults aged 55 and older in need of nursing home level-of-care; counseling services; financial education and coaching; domestic abuse solutions; services for the deaf and hard of hearing; volunteer income tax assistance; and an array of volunteer programs.
SpiriTrust Lutheran®started in York, PA in 1951 with $9,000. Today, SpiriTrust Lutheran®is one of the leading non-profit organizations in the region. SpiriTrust Lutheran®and its program agencies and subsidiaries serve annually more than 21,000 people in 20 counties in Pennsylvania and three in northern Maryland.
At SpiriTrust Lutheran®, our employees are a highly valued resource. Their dedication, skill and commitment enable us to provide excellent service and care within our continuing care retirement communities, community outreach programs and home care services. We offer: Competitive salaries Comprehensive benefits package Education assistance Career advancement/professional growth Friendly, team-oriented environment If you are ready to join us for a rewarding career.
Education/Training: Bachelor’s degree in Business, Health Care Administration, Social Work, or related field; Master’s degree in Health Care Administration or Business preferred.
Skill(s): Speak and understand English; proficient reading, writing, grammar, and mathematics skills; proficient interpersonal relations and communicative skills; proficient organizational skills; moderate PC skills; thorough knowledge of current long-term care nursing practices in accordance with the State Department of Health long-term care regulations; demonstrated management and supervisory skills; valid driver’s license.
Experience: A minimum of five (5) years’ experience in administration in a senior living setting normally required.
Responsible for directing the overall operation of the community/campus, including skilled care and personal care; participating in the review of the annual and capital expenditures for Board approval; implementing specific procedures and programs; implementing strategies to achieve goals as established in the Senior Living Division's annual operating plan; ensuring the community’s compliance with operating standards and procedures and outside regulatory requirements; organizing the work, activities, and human resources of the community; directly supervising assigned staff; communicating with appropriate management and staff; providing periodic reports.
1. Supports the mission and values of SpiriTrust Lutheran which is: SpiriTrust Lutheran, witnessing to the Gospel of Jesus Christ, provides exceptional health, human, and senior living services by supporting persons in achieving an optimal quality of life.
2. Interacts with residents, clients, staff, and the general public in ways that demonstrate the agency’s commitment to courtesy, service, and hospitality befitting a church related organization.
3. Directs the overall operation of the community/campus, including skilled care and personal care, as illustrated by the following:
a. Develops and implements programs and services which promote the physical, psycho-social, and emotional well-being of SpiriTrust Lutheran's residents and clients.
b. Ensures a high degree of quality resident and client care is maintained at all times.
c. Works toward Board and corporate initiatives to develop short-range and long-range strategic plans.
d. Establishes and directs the implementation of written standards and procedures that reflect the goals and objectives of the community; assists in the development and implementation of standards and procedures, maintaining a positive rapport in and between departments and fostering team work; interprets standards and procedures for personnel; ensures that all personnel, residents and clients, visitors, and the general public follow established standards and procedures; reviews standards and procedures frequently and ensures compliance with current regulations.
e. Inspects the physical environment and plant operation on a regular basis; takes necessary steps to make certain residents are provided a clean, healthy, and "home-like" atmosphere and that the campus is in compliance with various regulatory requirements.
f. Works with appropriate corporate staff to develop quality standards of performance and effective measurement of the standards in all areas of operation; meets with department heads on a regularly scheduled basis to share ideas and concerns and to conduct problem-solving sessions; periodically reviews and analyzes the performance of programs to measure their effectiveness against established resident care goals.
g. Chairs (or designates representative) the campus safety committee.
h. Monitors appropriate staff members' team member relations standards for team members; interprets Board policy for this purpose.
i. Oversees the development of the yearly in-service schedule for all staff.
j. Meets regularly with residents and clients, residents'/clients' families, visitors, and other appropriate persons to explain and interpret standards and procedures, find solutions to problems, and to ensure that the care being given is consistent with LSS’s concern for the well-being of the residents.
k. Works with and supports the marketing personnel and activities as directed.
l. Represents LSS in dealings with outside agencies, including governmental agencies and third-party payers, or selects a person to be the authorized representative of the organization.
m. Maintains a current knowledge of rules and regulations affecting the operation of long-term health care services; maintains an up-to-date knowledge of economic conditions in general and specific to the assigned geographic region and legislation; interprets reimbursement policies of state and federal agencies; informs and helps educate Board members on broad aspects of long-term care, regulatory changes, and other trends as they relate to long-term care.
n. Attends and actively participates in management meetings and implements and communicates resulting procedural changes, directives, etc.; conducts staff meetings/workshops to share pertinent information.
4. Confers directly with the Vice President of Senior Living in preparing the annual requests for expenditures; reviews and interprets monthly financial statements; authorizes the purchase of major equipment/supplies in accordance with guidelines established by HOC; recommends standards for Board approval; monitors spending and makes every effort to see that expenditures are within defined limits; protects and preserves the assets of SpiriTrust Lutheran.
5. Oversees team members in their timekeeping process, ensuring accurate submission of data:
a. Follows up with team members under their supervision to ensure timekeeping process is completed and submitted accurately with no errors.
b. Educates team members regarding requirements for timekeeping, missed punches, consequences, etc.
6. Enters department’s timekeeping data accurately and submits data within practice guidelines.
7. Evaluates data related to resources and program and makes appropriate corrective actions with team members, if necessary, to ensure compliance with all rules, regulations, and agency standards.
8. Interacts with all colleagues in ways that assist one another in the successful performance of their duties.
9. Provides support, encouragement, and direction to the individuals under his/her direct supervision; acts as a resource for staff in problem solving and properly communicates within the established chain of command.
10. Creates an atmosphere that promotes a positive and respectful work environment.
11. Abides by the current laws and organizational standards and procedures designed and implemented to promote an environment which is free of sexual harassment and other forms of illegal discriminatory behavior in the work place.
12. Identifies, prevents, and reports actual or suspected abuse, neglect, exploitation, and improper use of chemical and physical restraints, in accordance with standards.
13. Cooperates with, participates in, and supports the adherence to all Agency standards, procedures, and practices in support of risk management and overall safety and soundness and compliance with all regulatory requirements, i.e., HIPAA, OSHA, etc.; insures that the department and all personnel adhere to the same.
14. Abides by and supports the organization’s code of conduct by exhibiting behavior that is set forth in the code of conduct. Performs duties in accordance with the code of conduct and completes annual compliance training.
15. Implements specific procedures and programs as follows:
a. Insures an atmosphere which allows for the privacy, dignity, and well-being of all residents and clients in a safe, secure environment.
b. Follows universal precautions.
c. Maintains awareness of individual responsibilities under the established Fire Safety/Disaster plan and the Safety Committee.
d. Ensures the confidentiality of all resident-, client-, and/or team member-related information.
e. Ensures compliance with established quality assurance program.
16. Develops, implements, and achieves annual goals and objectives as established for the Senior Living division as follows:
a. Allocates resources, e.g., human, financial, etc., toward tasks required to achieve goals and objectives.
b. Directs, through appropriate management and supervisory personnel, day-to-day activities in support of objectives.
c. Measures effectiveness and performance of the systems and people.
c.Develops resources, as appropriate, to improve efficiency and productivity.
17. Organizes the community/campus, i.e., structure, human resources, etc., in order to achieve objectives.
18. Directs and supervises staff as follows:
a. Recruits, selects, orients, and makes provisions for the proper training of staff; regularly reviews the competence and performance of this group.
b. Makes certain that all relevant information is properly communicated to the supervisory group in order to give them every opportunity to perform their duties properly.
c. Conducts regular meetings with the supervisory staff.
d. Works closely with the supervisory group in implementing an effective human resource management program to insure a competent, motivated group of team members.
e. Administers establish Human Resources Standards of Practice and other procedures as established by Agency standards.
19. Maintains an active awareness of educational opportunities for the staff; recommends in-service training and educational programs that will promote staff development and meet the needs of each department.
20. Communicate and interfaces with management staff throughout SpiriTrust Lutheran in order to integrate objectives and activities.
21. Provides periodic reports to the Board and other groups, committees, agencies, or individuals as required throughout the organization i.e., quality assurance and/or statistical reports, surveys, etc.