Date Posted: 03/01/2021
Location: Hanover, PA 17331
Company: SpiriTrust Lutheran
Job Type: Full Time
SpiriTrust Lutheran is now hiring a FT Day Skilled Care Administrator
For the third consecutive year, we have been certified as a Great Place to Work! 2020-2021
SpiriTrust Lutheran®delivers an array of programs and services that touch thousands of lives each day. Our name, SpiriTrust Lutheran®captures the essence of who we are and the care and compassion our amazing team delivers. It embraces our Lutheran heritage, our spirit of service, and the reality that people come to us because of their trust in us.
We provide residential living, assisted living, personal care, memory support and nursing and rehabilitation services in six senior living communities; home care, in-home support, palliative care and hospice services; an innovative program for clinically frail adults aged 55 and older in need of nursing home level-of-care; counseling services; financial education and coaching; domestic abuse solutions; services for the deaf and hard of hearing; volunteer income tax assistance; and an array of volunteer programs.
SpiriTrust Lutheran®started in York, PA in 1951 with $9,000. Today, SpiriTrust Lutheran®is one of the leading non-profit organizations in the region. SpiriTrust Lutheran®and its program agencies and subsidiaries serve annually more than 21,000 people in 20 counties in Pennsylvania and three in northern Maryland.
At SpiriTrust Lutheran®, our employees are a highly valued resource. Their dedication, skill and commitment enable us to provide excellent service and care within our continuing care retirement communities, community outreach programs and home care services. We offer: Competitive salaries Comprehensive benefits package Education assistance Career advancement/professional growth Friendly, team-oriented environment If you are ready to join us for a rewarding career.
Education/Training: Bachelor’s degree in Business, Health Care Administration, Public Health Administration, Bachelor's of Science in Nursing, or related field; current unencumbered nursing home administrator license in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania;
Skill(s): Speak and understand English; proficient reading, writing, grammar, and mathematics skills; proficient interpersonal relations and communication skills; proficient organizational skills; moderate PC skills; thorough knowledge of current long-term care practices in accordance with Federal and State Department of Health long-term care regulations; demonstrated management and supervisory skills; valid driver’s license.
Experience: A minimum of five (5) years’ experience in a supervisory/management capacity in long-term care or related healthcare normally required.
Responsible for overseeing the overall operation of the assigned Skilled Care Center; assuming fiscal responsibilities; implementing specific procedures and programs; implementing strategies to achieve goals as established in the Community’s annual operating plan; insuring compliance with operating standards and procedures and
outside regulatory requirements; organizing the work, activities, and human resources of the Skilled Care Center; directly supervising assigned staff; communicating with appropriate management and staff; providing periodic reports.
1. Supports the mission and values of SpiriTrust Lutheran which is: SpiriTrust Lutheran, witnessing to the Gospel of Jesus Christ, provides exceptional health, human, and senior living services by supporting persons in achieving an optimal quality of life.
2. Interacts with residents, clients, staff, and the general public in ways that demonstrate the agency’s commitment to courtesy, service, and hospitality befitting a church related organization.
3. Oversees the overall operation of the assigned Skilled Care Center as illustrated by the following:
a. Develops, implements, and maintains (reviews annually) written procedures which govern the operation of the Skilled Care Center to assure compliance with all regulatory guidelines.
b. Assists subordinate managers/supervisors in the development and use of procedures.
c. Creates and maintains an atmosphere of warmth, personal interest, and positive emphasis, as well as a calm environment throughout the Skilled Care Center; establishes rapport in and between the management/supervisory staff so they recognize and fosters the teamwork.
d. Provides necessary oral and written interpretive guidelines pertaining to existing Skilled Care Center standards and procedures so that all appropriate parties (team members, residents, family members, clients, visitors, physicians, congregations, governmental agencies, etc.) are able to understand and abide by these standards and procedures.
e. Maintains ongoing client/constituent communication initiatives including the following:
1. Maintains liaison with residents, their families, clients, and other Skilled Care Center constituents.
2. Represents the Agency/Skilled Care Center in dealing with outside agencies, community organizations, governmental agencies, etc.
3. Coordinates with Communications staff to ensure that informational material (brochures, manuals, marketing material, fund-raising material, etc.) is accurate, fully descriptive, and in compliance with existing SpiriTrust Lutheran corporate guidelines.
4. Maintains a customer oriented service program.
f. In cooperation with the Executive Director, assures that an acceptable Plan of Correction is prepared to address deficiencies noted as a result of surveys/inspections; provides copies of the Plan to appropriate staff.
g. Oversees admissions process into the Skilled Care Center.
h. Ensures residents' rights are consistently respected.
i. Reviews resident complaints and grievances; makes written report of actions taken to resolve such complaints and grievances.
j. Serves as primary liaison with the Executive Director and corporate staff.
k. Serves on and/or chairs various committees.
4. Assumes fiscal responsibilities in cooperation with the Executive Director as follows:
a. Prepares realistic and attainable annual operating and capital budgets for the Center.
b. Monitors the fiscal operations within the Center; makes appropriate adjustments in order to meet or exceed approved budget parameters.
c. Assures that equipment, supplies, and capital purchases are in accordance with established SpiriTrust Lutheran purchasing standards, procedures, and within budgetary guidelines.
d. Assures that adequate information and documentation is provided to Finance personnel as appropriate for the purposes of maintaining financial records, billing, paying costs incurred, and submitting reports to authorized governmental agencies.
5. Oversees team members in their timekeeping process, ensuring accurate submission of data:
a. Follows up with team members under their supervision to ensure timekeeping process is completed and submitted accurately with no errors.
b. Educates team members regarding requirements for timekeeping, missed punches, consequences, etc.
6. Enters department’s timekeeping data accurately and submits data within practice guidelines.
7. Evaluates data related to resources and program and makes appropriate corrective actions with team members, if necessary, to ensure compliance with all rules, regulations, and agency standards.
8. Interacts with all colleagues in ways that assist one another in the successful performance of their duties.
9. Creates an atmosphere that promotes a positive and respectful work environment.
10. Abides by the current laws and organizational standards and procedures designed and implemented to promote an environment which is free of sexual harassment and other forms of illegal discriminatory behavior in the work place.
11. Identifies, prevents, and reports actual or suspected abuse, neglect, exploitation, and improper use of chemical and physical restraints, in accordance with standards.
12. Cooperates with, participates in, and supports the adherence to all Agency standards, procedures, and practices in support of risk management and overall safety and soundness and compliance with all regulatory requirements, i.e., HIPAA, OSHA, etc.; insures that the department and all personnel adhere to the same.
13. Abides by and supports the organization’s code of conduct by exhibiting behavior that is set forth in the code of conduct. Performs duties in accordance with the code of conduct and completes annual compliance training.
14. Implements specific procedures and programs as follows:
a. Insures an atmosphere which allows for the privacy, dignity, and well-being of all residents and clients in a safe, secure environment.
b. Follows standard precautions.
c. Ensures procedures are in place to protect the confidentiality of all resident-, client-, and/or team member-related information, including HIPAA regulations.
d. Ensures compliance with established quality assurance program.
15. In cooperation with the Executive Director, develops, implements, and achieves annual goals and objectives as established for the Skilled Care Center as follows:
a. Allocates resources, e.g., human, financial, etc., toward tasks required to achieve goals and objectives.
b. Directs, through appropriate management and supervisory personnel, day-to-day activities in support of objectives.
c. Measures effectiveness and performance of the systems and people.
d. Develops resources, as appropriate, to improve efficiency and productivity.
16. Directs and supervises staff as follows:
a. Recruits, selects, orients, and makes provisions for the proper training of department supervisors; regularly reviews the competence and performance of this group.
b. Makes certain that all relevant information is properly communicated to the supervisory group in order to give them every opportunity to perform their duties properly.
c. Conducts regular meetings with the supervisory staff.
d. Works closely with the supervisory group in implementing an effective human resource management program to insure a competent, motivated group of team members.
e. Administers Human Resource Standards of Practice and other procedures as established by SpiriTrust Lutheran policy.
17. Maintains an active awareness of educational opportunities for the staff; recommends in-service training and educational programs that will promote staff development and meet the needs of each department.
18. Communicates and interfaces with management personnel throughout SpiriTrust Lutheran in order to integrate objectives and activities.
19. Provides periodic reports to the Executive Director or others as needed.
20. Assumes role of Executive Director as required.