Date Posted: 11/11/2019
Location: Shrewsbury, PA 17361
Company: SpiriTrust Lutheran
Job Type: Full Time
SpiriTrust Lutheran is now hiring a Staff Social Worker.
SpiriTrust Lutheran®delivers an array of programs and services that touch thousands of lives each day. Our name, SpiriTrust Lutheran®captures the essence of who we are and the care and compassion our amazing team delivers. It embraces our Lutheran heritage, our spirit of service, and the reality that people come to us because of their trust in us.
We provide residential living, assisted living, personal care, memory support and nursing and rehabilitation services in six senior living communities; home care, in-home support, palliative care and hospice services; an innovative program for clinically frail adults aged 55 and older in need of nursing home level-of-care; counseling services; financial education and coaching; domestic abuse solutions; services for the deaf and hard of hearing; volunteer income tax assistance; and an array of volunteer programs.
SpiriTrust Lutheran®started in York, PA in 1951 with $9,000. Today, SpiriTrust Lutheran®is one of the leading non-profit organizations in the region. SpiriTrust Lutheran®and its program agencies and subsidiaries serve annually more than 21,000 people in 20 counties in Pennsylvania and three in northern Maryland.
At SpiriTrust Lutheran®, our employees are a highly valued resource. Their dedication, skill and commitment enable us to provide excellent service and care within our continuing care retirement communities, community outreach programs and home care services. We offer: Competitive salaries Comprehensive benefits package Education assistance Career advancement/professional growth Friendly, team-oriented environment If you are ready to join us for a rewarding career.
Responsible for providing medically related social services to residents to ensure their psycho-social well-being; facilitating the resident admission process to the Skilled Care Center; achieving goals as established in the department’s annual operating plan; coordinating work within the department as well as with others in the community; reporting
• Supports the mission and values of SpiriTrust Lutheran which is: SpiriTrust Lutheran, witnessing to the Gospel of Jesus Christ, provides exceptional health, human, and senior living services by supporting persons in achieving an optimal quality of life.
• Interacts with residents, clients, staff, and the general public in ways that demonstrate the agency’s commitment to courtesy, service, and hospitality befitting a church related organization.
• Provides medically related social services to residents to ensure their psycho-social well-being as illustrated by the following:
• Assesses residents' social and emotional needs; informs new residents or residents' families of their skilled care center rights and provides information concerning Advance Directives; discusses and documents residents' preferences concerning CPR.
• Functions as an advocate on behalf of the resident and the family as appropriate.
• Serves as a member of the interdisciplinary team; assures that resident care plans fulfill the social and emotional needs of residents and families.
• Assists residents by providing information and referral services according to residents’ needs; maintains contact with area social service agencies in order to obtain information and services for residents.
• Develops a discharge plan for all residents according to established procedures.
• Obtains release from residents or responsible party for restraints ordered by physicians.
• Communicates regularly with residents' families concerning residents' social and emotional needs; maintains an open forum for questions and concerns; discusses counseling needs with residents and residents' families.
• Addresses room changes with Plan of Care team and recommends actions based on residents' preferences and level of care.
• Assists Finance Department in obtaining residents' signatures on financial documents; obtains residents' or responsible party's signature(s) on transfer and discharge forms.
• Assists other staff members in understanding the significant social and emotional factors related to the health programs.
• Participates in resident care plan meeting as a member of the resident care team including the development of specific goals, interventions, and the communication of such to residents
• Arranges for transfers or discharge to home or other facilities, coordinates services as indicated, and communicates information to the resident and the family.
• Functions as liaison with residents, families, responsible parties, and staff.
• Completes social work documentation for medical record.
• Provides support and encouragement to residents and their families.
• Facilitates the resident admission process to the Skilled Care Center including, but not limited to, the following:
• Cultivates positive working relationship with key members of other health care facilities who refer potential residents.
• Cultivates and maintains waiting list.
• Conducts interviews with prospective residents and families.
• Executes appropriate admission paperwork, documents, and contract.
• Orients resident and family as to billing procedures, resident rights, etc.
• Accurately records time worked or not worked as illustrated by the following:
• Abides by the current laws and organizational standards and procedures designed and implemented to promote an environment which is free of sexual harassment and other forms of illegal discriminatory behavior in the work place.
• Identifies, prevents, and reports actual or suspected abuse, neglect, exploitation, and improper use of chemical and physical restraints, in accordance with standards.
• Cooperates with, participates in, and supports the adherence to all Agency standards, procedures, and practices in support of risk management and overall safety and soundness and compliance with all regulatory requirements, i.e., HIPAA, OSHA, etc.
• Reports pertinent information to the immediate supervisor as requested, or according to an established schedule; compiles information as necessary or as directed and provides data to appropriate personnel.
• Responds to inquiries or requests from customers, other personnel, etc., within given timeframes and within established policy.
• Completes educational requirements as mandated by state and federal agencies and to maintain competencies.
• Ancillary Duties
• Performs tasks which are supportive in nature to the essential functions of the job, but which may be altered or redesigned depending upon community circumstances.
Education/Training: Bachelor’s Degree in social work or social welfare or current social work license in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania required.
Skill(s): Speak and understand English; proficient reading, writing, grammar, and mathematics skills; excellent interpersonal relations and communication skills; moderate PC skills. Refer to separate analysis for physical requirements of the essential functions with or without accommodation.
Experience: A minimum of one (1) year of supervised social work experience in a health
care setting working directly with individuals normally required.