Date Posted: 03/10/2017
Location: Shrewsbury, PA 17361
Company: SpiriTrust Lutheran
Job Type: Part Time
SpiriTrust Lutheran is now hiring a Unit Secretary.
Part Time 2:30pm-10:30pm
The Village at Shrewsbury-Skilled Care Center
SpiriTrust Lutheran provides residential living, personal care, skilled nursing and rehabilitation services in six senior living communities; home healthcare, home health telemonitoring, in-home support services and hospice care; a community-based program that allows skilled nursing-eligible seniors to remain living in their homes; and a range of community outreach services, including a Health, Education and Life Enrichment Program (H.E.L.P.) Center, case management, counseling services, financial literacy programs, deaf and hard of hearing services, domestic violence/abuse intervention and several volunteer-based assistance programs.
SpiriTrust Lutheran started in 1951 with $9,000 and a modest office on Market Street in York. Today, SpiriTrust Lutheran is one of the leading non-profit organizations in the region. SpiriTrust Lutheran and its program agencies and subsidiaries serve nearly 15,000 people each year.
At SpiriTrust Lutheran , our employees are a highly valued resource. Their dedication, skill and commitment enable us to provide excellent service and care within our continuing care retirement communities, community outreach programs and home care services. We offer: Competitive salaries Comprehensive benefits package Education assistance Career advancement/professional growth Friendly, team-oriented environment If you are ready to join us for a rewarding career.
Responsible for performing a variety of duties to support the assigned function and supervisor; achieving goals as established in the department’s annual operating plan; coordinating work within the department, as well as with other departments; reporting pertinent information to the immediate supervisor; responding to inquiries or requests for information.
1. Supports the mission and values of SpiriTrust Lutheran which is: SpiriTrust Lutheran, witnessing to the Gospel of Jesus Christ, provides exceptional health, human, and senior living services by supporting persons in achieving an optimal quality of life.
2. Interacts with residents, clients, staff, and the general public in ways that demonstrate the agency’s commitment to courtesy, service, and hospitality befitting a church related organization.
3. Performs a variety of duties to support the assigned function and supervisor as follows:
a. Schedules all resident appointments; arranges transportation to these appointments; and contacts the physicians/hospitals for appropriate reports.
b. Transcribes medical orders.
c. Assembles charts for new admissions.
d. Interacts with residents at various times throughout the workday; provides assistance within level of expertise.
e. Answers telephone; takes and delivers messages and correspondence to the appropriate people.
f. Assists in maintaining residents’ medical records.
g. Maintains supply of forms on the nursing units.
h. Assures that all work areas are kept clean, free of clutter, and adequately stocked.
i. Reports all incidents/accidents to self, residents, or others as appropriate.
j. Reports all unsafe equipment immediately to supervisor.
k. Identifies, prevents, and reports actual or suspected abuse, neglect, exploitation, and improper use of chemical and physical restraints, in accordance with standards.
l. Treats all residents fairly with kindness, dignity, and respect while creating and maintaining an atmosphere of warmth.
4. Accurately records time worked or not worked as illustrated by the following:
a. Accurately records time in and out at the start and end of each shift and at the start and end of each meal break utilizing the Agency’s timekeeping system .
b. Makes corrections to the timekeeping system, as necessary, on appropriate forms within the required payroll timeframe.
5. Coordinates specific work tasks with other personnel within the department as well as with other departments in order to ensure the smooth and efficient flow of information.
6. Abides by the current laws and organizational standards and procedures designed and implemented to promote an environment which is free of sexual harassment and other forms of illegal discriminatory behavior in the work place.
7. Cooperates with, participates in, and supports the adherence to all Agency standards, procedures, and practices in support of risk management and overall safety and soundness and compliance with all regulatory requirements, i.e., HIPAA, OSHA, etc.
8. Reports pertinent information to the immediate supervisor as requested, or according to an established schedule; compiles information as necessary or as directed and provides data to appropriate personnel.
9. Responds to inquiries or requests from customers, other personnel, etc., within given timeframes and within established policy.
10. Completes educational requirements as mandated by state and federal agencies to maintain competencies.
Education/Training: A high school diploma or equivalent with an emphasis in a business curriculum.
Skill(s): Speak and understand English; proficient reading, writing, grammar, and mathematics skills; proficient interpersonal relations and communication skills; proficient keyboarding skills; proficient PC skills; knowledge of various office machines; general knowledge of assigned department’s operations. Refer to separate analysis for physical requirements of the essential functions with or without accommodation.
Experience: Prior experience as a unit secretary or valid nursing assistant certification normally required.