Life Plan Community Visitor Restrictions & Social Distancing Recommendations
Although the outside world is now “green”, the world within our communities must remain vigilant against COVID-19. The health and safety of our residents always has been and will remain our number one priority. All Centers for Disease Control & Prevention and PA Department of Health guidelines will be adhered to as we open. As we start to slowly lift restrictions and reopen some of our venues on our campuses, we have instituted the following guidelines to help keep us virus-free:
- Face masks are mandatory for all residents and guests when in public spaces such as hallways, elevators, lobbies and when social distancing cannot be maintained.
- Residents have been encouraged to maintain safe social distancing of six feet or more and practice good hand hygiene by washing their hands with warm water and soap for 20 seconds or using a hand sanitizer, if soap and water are not readily available.
- Residents have been asked to restrict social gatherings to groups of 10 people or less, host them outside and follow the same social distancing, face masking and hand washing protocols as when in a public space.
- All guests must refrain from visiting, if they have a temperature above 99.9°, cough, shortness of breath, fatigue, muscle aches, sore throat, headache, nausea, vomiting or other COVID-19 related symptoms. If they have had any possible exposure to someone with COVID-19, we also ask that they delay their visit.
- Guests are not permitted in our apartment buildings at this time.
- Guests are required to register their visit in advance by phone
- No more than two people may visit a resident apartment at a time
- Along with the resident the guests must be masked at all times
- The resident and guests may not have contact with other residents during the visit
- Guest pets will be permitted in the building following our normal requirements
- Apartment guests are not permitted in the common areas or lounges.
- Overnight guests are not permitted.
Cottage Resident Guests
- Guests are not required to check in.
- Outside visitors limited to no more than two at a time.
- We encourage outside visits, if possible, and that safe social distancing be maintained at all times.
- Guests must wear masks when on campus. There are no exceptions to this rule.
- Overnight guests are limited to two family members
- Overnight guests must register with the residential living wellness nurse
Off-Campus Visits /Trips
- Residents have been asked to limit off-campus visits to family members and always make sure they and their family members wear a face mask when they are in public spaces or around people who do not live with them
- Residents have been asked to maintain safe social/physical distancing
- If residents visit a place where there is an increased incidence of COVID-19, including coastal beaches and a growing list of states from across the nation, they may be asked to self-quarantine for 14 days after their return
Skilled Care Centers and Personal Care and Assisted Living Residences
We are greatly concerned about the rapid increase in COVID-19 positivity rates in all of the counties in which we have life plan communities, as well as the overall state rate.
As a result, we will immediately discontinue indoor, in-person visitation and review compassionate visitation and end-of-life situations on an individual basis. We will continue to schedule virtual visits.