Prevention Tips From the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after going to the bathroom; before eating; and after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing. If soap and water are not readily available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Put distance between yourself and other people (at least 6 feet).
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces daily using a regular household cleaning spray or wipe.
- Wear cloth face coverings in public settings and when around people outside of their household, especially when other social distancing measures are difficult to maintain.