Additional PPE Measures Implemented
The following PPE (personal protective equipment) protocols have been implemented:
- Require team members working in our skilled care centers to wear surgical masks and goggles/safety glasses.
- Require team members working in our assisted living and personal care residences to wear surgical masks.
- Require team members visiting home care and hospice clients and LIFE participants in their homes to wear surgical masks and goggles/safety glasses.
- Require skilled care center, home care & hospice and LIFE clinicians to wear face shields when in contact with residents, clients or participants suspected of having COVID-19 or having a confirmed case of COVID-19.
- Require all non-clinical team members working at our life plan communities, regional home care offices and LIFE Centers to wear a surgical face mask when they are within six feet of another team member. Team members working at our corporate office must wear a cloth face mask when they are within six feet of another team member. All team members must have their face mask with them at all times in the event that they encounter someone unexpectedly.
- Encourage all team members to abide by Gov. Wolf’s recommendation to wear a cloth face mask any time they leave their homes to report to work and for life-sustaining reasons, such as trips to the grocery store and pharmacy.
How to make a homemade mask
Source: PA Department of Health
- Fabric (100% cotton is most effective)
- Fabric Ties
- Sewing machine or a needle and thread
- Measure and cut two pieces of fabric in a rectangle pattern to fit snugly around the face (12” by 6” is standard for adults)
- Tightly sew both layers together on all edges
- Cut fabric ties to fit around the ears
- Sew the ties to the insides of the mask on the smaller edge, repeat on both sides
- Resew the sides to ensure a tight seal between both pieces of fabric and the earpiece