Life Plan Community Visitor Restrictions & Social Distancing Recommendations
Although the outside world is now “green”, the world within our communities must remain vigilant against COVID-19. The health and safety of our residents always has been and will remain our number one priority. All Centers for Disease Control & Prevention and PA Department of Health guidelines will be adhered to as we open. As we start to slowly lift restrictions and reopen some of our venues on our campuses, we have instituted the following guidelines to help keep us virus-free:
- Face masks are mandatory for all residents and guests when in public spaces such as hallways, elevators, lobbies and when social distancing cannot be maintained.
- Residents have been encouraged to maintain safe social distancing of six feet or more and practice good hand hygiene by washing their hands with warm water and soap for 20 seconds or using a hand sanitizer, if soap and water are not readily available.
- Residents have been asked to restrict social gatherings to groups of 10 people or less, host them outside and follow the same social distancing, face masking and hand washing protocols as when in a public space.
- All guests must refrain from visiting, if they have a temperature above 99.9°, cough, shortness of breath, fatigue, muscle aches, sore throat, headache, nausea, vomiting or other COVID-19 related symptoms. If they have had any possible exposure to someone with COVID-19, we also ask that they delay their visit.
- Guests are required to register their visit in advance by phone
- No more than two people may visit a resident apartment at a time
- Along with the resident the guests must be masked at all times
- The resident and guests may not have contact with other residents during the visit
- Guest pets will be permitted in the building following our normal requirements
- Apartment guests are not permitted in the common areas or lounges.
- Overnight guests are not permitted.
Cottage Resident Guests
- Guests are not required to check in.
- Outside visitors limited to no more than two at a time.
- We encourage outside visits, if possible, and that safe social distancing be maintained at all times.
- Guests must wear masks when on campus. There are no exceptions to this rule.
- Overnight guests are limited to two family members
- Overnight guests must register with the residential living wellness nurse
Off-Campus Visits /Trips
- Residents have been asked to limit off-campus visits to family members and always make sure they and their family members wear a face mask when they are in public spaces or around people who do not live with them
- Residents have been asked to maintain safe social/physical distancing
- If residents visit a place where there is an increased incidence of COVID-19, including coastal beaches and a growing list of states from across the nation, they may be asked to self-quarantine for 14 days after their return
Skilled Care Centers and Personal Care and Assisted Living Residences
Our skilled care and personal care residences will continue to remain under the CMS federal mandate of restricted visitation and no communal dining or group activities. Only essential team members are permitted in these care areas and they will continue to be screened for fever and other COVID-19 symptoms at the beginning and end of their shifts. They also continue to wear appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE), including masks and goggles and practice safe social distancing when applicable. We are allowing window visits by appointment with the following ground rules:
- Visits may be scheduled Monday through Friday from 9:00 am to 4:00 p.m., or as staff availability permits.
- No open windows are permitted at any time during a window visit.
- A central window will be designated for the visit. Guests are asked to wait in their cars in the visitor parking area upon arriving. A team member will call a guest’s cell phone when their family member is prepared to receive their visit at the window. Guests may then proceed to the designated window.
- All family members are required to wear a mask while on campus. Often times our residential living residents are outside walking during this time period, so family members are asked not approach them when on campus.
- The number of family members during a scheduled 30-minute visit should be limited to no more than two. In adherence to safe social distancing practices only one family member may be at the window at one time. All family members must practice safe social distancing while on campus.
- We respectfully request that visits be limited to no more than 30 minutes at a time so that other families may be accommodated. We will do our best to honor all visitation requests during this period of visitation restriction.