Life Plan Community Visitor Restrictions & Social Distancing Recommendations
The health and well-being of those we serve are at the heart of all that we do. As part of our ongoing efforts to protect our residents, who are in a high risk group for contracting coronavirus (COVID-19), we have restricted all visitors to our life plan communities until further notice based on guidance from the Centers for Disease Control (CDC), Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) and the Pennsylvania Department of Health. This restriction applies to our skilled care centers, personal care and assisted living residences, HUD apartment buildings, residential living apartments and cottages and community centers.
- No family or friends are permitted to visit any of our life plan communities until the coronavirus crisis is over.
- Residents have been asked to not engage anyone closer than six feet to ensure safe social distancing, if they leave their cottages for outdoor exercise or fresh air. Only the resident and the person with whom he or she shares a cottage or apartment may breach the social distance rule.
- Residents have been asked to limit their need to leave the campus to groceries or medical needs only, i.e. prescriptions or medical appointments ordered by a physician. They have been asked to order groceries in advance and pick-up via curbside only.
- Residents have been encouraged to order medications in advance and request curb side or window pick up, if there is no delivery service.
- Residents have been encouraged to call dining services for curbside to-go meals in lieu of grocery shopping.