Attention all advocates and professionals committed to helping victims of domestic abuse and preventing domestic violence. Domestic Abuse Solutions will be hosting a free virtual seminar, “Assess Risk of Domestic Violence in the New Normal,”on Tuesday, June 8, from 9:00 a.m. – Noon.
As you may know from media reports and your own personal and professional experience, domestic abuse has increased in the past year. With SpiriTrust Lutheran® Domestic Abuse Solutions closing June 30, we want to share what we know about assessing for abuse, as well as some of the strategies we have found useful in working with those who are abusive in intimate partner relationships or with children.
The objectives of the seminar are to:
- Differentiate between domestic violence intervention and anger management.
- Understand the interrelationship between substance abuse and
- Identify the “red flags” that abuse is escalating.
- Assess for abuse in custody evaluations.
- Acknowledge trauma in domestic violence perpetrators.
For more information and to register, please contact Jahaira DeJesus, co-facilitator, at 717.814.8825 or [email protected]. Registration is required to attend. You will receive a link and login for the presentation after you register.