Get Help through Stephen Ministry
Through confidential one-on-one relationships, receive the love and support you need.
Everyone goes through difficult times. Having someone to care, listen and share God’s love can help with confusion, stress or loneliness. This free service enables those who receive care to grow in a deeper relationship with their Lord.
Stephen Ministers help meet the needs of individuals who are:
- Physically ill or hospitalized
- Transitioning through jobs
- Divorced or separated
- Disabled or homebound
- Experiencing a spiritual crisis
- Lonely or discouraged
- Experiencing stress in family relationships
- Looking for a caring, objective listener
Become a Stephen Minister
Stephen Ministers complete 50 hours of training based solidly on Biblical testimony and the best tools of the health and psychological sciences. SpiriTrust Lutheran Stephen Ministry provides training to interested individuals in Adams, Franklin, Fulton and York counties.
A Stephen Minister is:
- Grounded in faith and prayer
- A child of God who walks beside a hurting person
- A caring Christian friend who listens, cares, prays, supports and encourages
- A lay volunteer who has received 50 hours of training, based solidly on biblical testimony and drawing from the best tools of the health and psychological sciences
- A lay volunteer who is required to participate in regular sessions of continuing education and supervision